Thursday, May 27, 2010

IUI #3

I caught my LH surge on Wed around 11am and scheduled my insemination for 8am today. I stayed out fairly late last night dancing to a live band at the Alhambra Palace with its kitschy faux-Moroccan decor. Dancing was good for the most part, except for one cha-cha (who plays a cha-cha at a swing dance?!) that was less than sublime and slightly embarassing.

Everything went smoothly this morning. In one recent conversation with an RE she suggested that a full bladder was helpful during an IUI, as it can help make it easier to thread the catheter. So this morning I started drinking a fruit smoothie, then some leftover blood orange soda, then lots of water while I waited for my appointment. I wanted to have a full bladder but not be uncomfortable before, during, and after the IUI, which involves quite a bit of waiting.

Today's insem was very easy. Everything was very "open," according to the health worker who helped me today. That means the timing was good. I just hope her aim was good as well, and that I get pregnant this cycle.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're documenting this process so I have an idea of what to expect. Thank you and positive thoughts to you!!

    ReplyDelete